The sunshine is back! So posted here, are 10 butterflies that you might see if you visit Mid Wales. I photographed all of them at my home in Dyfi forest.
- Comma – Polygonum c-album
- Small tortoiseshell – Aglais urticae
- Red Admiral – Vanessa atalanta
- Wall – Lasiommata megera
- Small white – Artogeia rapae
- Speckled wood – Pararge aegeria
- Green veined white – Artogeia napi
- Peacock – Inachis io
- Small copper – Lycaena phlaeas
- Painted lady – Vanessa cardui
Just click on a thumbnail below, to start the slideshow (you can pause at any point) :
There are also a good few more butterflies in the area, like: Ringlets, Orange tips and Meadow browns. So if you are ever having a summer afternoon walk in the Corris – Aberllefenni region; keep your eyes open, you never know which butterflies you’ll see.
If you’d like hard copies of these & other pictures – butterfly prints & posters will be available soon from Poster’s Wales. To find out more about British butterflies try the Butterfly Conservation website.