Whilst experimenting with the SX Lodestar the other night, I decided to take a few frames of the moon which was looking particularly lovely. Using a 752×580 sized chip at 1500mm focal length I’d have a section of the moon with each frame. So I took 12 frames in a less than ideal arrangement (but there we go) and covered all of the visible phase of the moon.
As you can see, I later combined the individual images into 1 mosaic of the moon that evening. It’s not perfect but I’ve learnt some things about creating an Astrophoto mosaic, something that I would like to do more of. The full size image contains quite a lot of data, this is definitely an interesting technique.