Welcome visitor. I am Mysty Marie, Druidic protector of Nature. Stay awhile, let me introduce myself and tell of some of my life so far. If you look behind you there’s a comfy log, pull it up to the campfire and I’ll share my rabbit stew with you.
- By birth, I am part Eladrin, part Human. Not heard of the Eladrin before? They are planes walkers, ancestors of the elves, ancient Fey.
- By class & training, I am a Druid, yet with a few Paladin skills to add to the mix. Specifically, I am a ‘Devoted Druid of the Forest‘.
- Religion? I don’t believe in Gods but I do believe powerful beings, that others might deify, can inspire our direction with their principles. Mielikki is she who touches my soul; Chauntea & Silvanus also lend me their persuasions.
- An alignment? I don’t feel the need to define myself for others but I imagine others might observe that I strive for my version of ‘good’ but without much reverence for the rules of folk. So call me Chaotic Good, if you will.
- Other Notes: I’m a member of the Emerald Enclave (mid rank), seeking to help wildlife & the biped races to live together with mutual respect. I spend my time adventuring as part of the Fabulous Fablers, whose pursuits will soon be serialised at this link.
Now please let me share some of my backstory, from Dyddia (my trusty Diary):
My Mother was an Eladrin, one of those from the Feywild plane. A red-headed Firre, she loved the arts & nature with equal fervour. On excursions from her main role as a protector of artists, she would travel to the wilds of this plane, to study & enjoy the presence of our bounteous wildlife. It was upon one of these visits that she met my father.
My Father, a human who trained as a Paladin, but had doubts about his faith. And so he was roaming the woods of our land in search of inspiration. He found that inspiration in my mother. He came to understand from her that morals do not require faith in a deity. That the morals lie within oneself and that one may still follow the teachings of a religion even if not believing in its god. It had always been this way for Eladrin. On their home plane of Arborea they did not revere powerful entities as Gods but instead sought to befriend & ally themselves with such. From this understanding, my Father grew strong of spirit again, whilst also falling in love with my Mother.
I was born from this union, a half-eladrin, mixed from ancient elven ancestor and passionate Paladin human.
During the early years my mother primarily lived upon this plane; a sojourn of botanical study being the official justification. We were a family, living deep in the forests. Father followed his re-found fervour to assist in the righting of wrongs to the regional arboreal peoples and clearing the land of any evil monsters (bestial, demonic or humanoid). I spent time learning from both parents but most of all, I learnt from my surroundings, its creatures & plants. I would sit, transfixed by the beauty of unicorn yearlings; or perhaps climb the great oaks to converse with raptors nesting upon high. A truly magical time of balance, but all this was soon to change..
‘Til next time
Alas dear visitor, the stew is finished and I must turn to the woods. Do come visit me another time and perhaps we can continue my tale. Until then, may the blessings of the Forest Lady grace your life..